Welcome, guideoui.com visitors. In this guide, We try to focus on Yakuza Kiwami 2 Remove Letterbox Artworks Mod. While writing this guide, we pick up many pieces of information from several sites for you. We hope that this guide will help you.
Remove Letterbox Artworks Mod
This small mod allows people with non 16:9 displays enjoy the game without distracting images on letterbox bars
Unlike Zero and Kiwami 1, file in Kiwami 2 that contains letterbox bars is too big to upload here, so you’ll have to use Xdelta patch here
- Download this archive[drive.google.com];
- Rename “ui.par” to “ui_backup.par“
- Run XdeltaUI.exe;
- In “Patch” field select your desired version of this mod:
- BlackBars.xdelta – will remove patterns from letterbox bars, making them plain black;
- NoBars.xdelta – will remove bars completely, potentially revealing things that you weren’t supposed to see.
- In “Source File” field select “ui_backup.par” file;
- Press “…” near “Output File“, pick a “\Yakuza Kiwami 2\data” folder and write “ui.par” as a filename;
- Press “Patch” button.
Note1: To open “.par”:
You need to use http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm this tool withaluigi.altervista.org/bms/parc.bms this script to unpack PAR, just like Kiwami\Zero. Alternatively – this tool https://github.com/gibbed/Gibbed.Yakuza0
Only db.par won’t unpack, it’s a new format
Note 2: To insert edited files back use either gibbed’s tool to create archive from scratch, or thishttps://github.com/SlowpokeVG/PARC-Archive-Importer tool to import file in original archive.