Welcome, guideoui.com visitors. In this guide, We try to focus on Thea 2: The Shattering Modding Quick Guide. While writing this guide, we pick up many pieces of information from several sites for you. We hope that this guide will help you.
Thea 2: The Shattering Modding Quick Guide
(At the moment of writing this guide, modding is not fully implemented yet and certain aspects will be available at a later date. We will update this guide as workshop integration gets extended)
- Database files – if a file contained in a mod has the exact same file name as the one delivered with the base game, it will be loaded immediately after the original. Any records that have the same name ID will overwrite the original (but if you create a record with a different name, then it will simply be added and will not overwrite anything). If a database with a new file name is created, it will be loaded after all original database files. Bear in mind that if you create entries referencing other entries, the referenced ones need to be loaded first or you will get an error.
- Events and localization for events (not implemented yet)
- Character portraits, event art, various icons (not implemented yet)
- Gameplay scripts (not implemented yet)
What cannot be moded?
The aspects listed below are *not* planned (or are at the bottom of our list of priorities and effectively are very unlikely to be added):
- Additional UI screens or modification to existing screens
- 3D models
- Terrain textures
- Map shapes
- God art
Modding Etiquette: General Guidelines
– Never use another person’s work (or part of it) without their written, explicit permission (Any mod that makes use of art or other assets not entirely created by the mod creator must include a link to where they are granted permission to utilize those assets either individually or under a general license.)
– Always provide credit where it is due.
– Make sure the mod is as bug-free and as complete as possible before uploading it for public use. Provide a detailed description and screenshots.
– Do not publicly share mods intended for personal use.
Some more technical information
Mods are kept in this folder:
Thea 2 The Shattering\Thea2_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods
You will find an example mod there and a short instruction in how_to.txt file inside it.
You are also welcome to join our Discord [discordapp.com] and visit the #mods channel if you have a particular question.
This is the ending of Thea 2: The Shattering Modding Quick Guide guide. I hope it will help you. If there is wrong or you have suggestions, please let’s know and comment us. Have fun.