The Outer Worlds game guide focuses on The Cleaning Machine Companion Quest Walkthrough. The Cleaning Machine is one of the Companion Quests in The Outer Worlds. While writing this instruction, we pick up many pieces of information from several sites for you. We hope that this guide will help you.
Other Guides for the Quest Walkthrough
- Collect Fees Quest Walkthrough
- The Illustrated Manual Quest Walkthrough
- The Empty Man Quests Walkthrough
- Drinking Sapphire Wine Quest Walkthrough
- Worst Contact Quest Walkthrough
- Friendship’s Due Quest Walkthrough
- Don’t Bite the Sun Quest Walkthrough
- The Low Crusade Quest Walkthrough
The Outer Worlds Companion Quests
The Outer Worlds Companions are similar to those of the Fallout franchise. Players can have two Companions at once, and they have their own Perks and alignments. Whereas players can recruit party members to crew their Starship – Companions come with you and interject in their adventures with their own views, objectives, and missions. There are apparently six companions
Companion Quests in The Outer Worlds are the Quests that take you through Companion activities of the game, and advance Companion plots. These are Quests that are optional, and don’t need to be completed in order to finish The Outer Worlds.
The Cleaning Machine Quest
The Cleaning Machine is one of the Companion Quests in The Outer Worlds. Companion Quests are optional quests that players can chose to complete in order to further their relationship with party NPCs or their alliances.
|SAM – Companion|
|1000 Bit Cartridge|
The Cleaning Machine Objectives
Ask ADA about the SAM Unit
- You found a defunct sanitation and maintenance automechanical in the supply closet upstairs on the Unreliable. A cursory search of the unit revealed the name, SAM, but little else. ADA may know more
Search Hawthorne’s Terminal
- ADA suggested that the ships’s former captain, Alex Hawthorne, may have kept information about his attempts to modify or repair SAM on the terminal in the Captain’s Quarters.
Find and Acid Steeper
- You found entries on Hawthorne’s terminal in the Captain’s Quarters regarding his attempts to turn SAM into a combat-capable unit. hawthorne planned to replace SAM’s S.U.D.S Stepper with an Acid Steeper but never picked up the part from the Roseway.
Install the Acid Steeper
- Now that you have the Acid teeper part needed to modify SAM, all that remains is to return to the Unreliable and swap it out with the factory default S.U.D.S. Steeper
The Cleaning Machine Walkthrough
This quest can be unlocked after you have left the Emerald Vale and are on the main quest Passage to Anywhere. Go up the ladder of the ship toward the captain quarters and then take the stairs up to a further level and inspect the inactive machine in the supply closet.
Speak with Ada on board the ship and she will tell you to read the captain’s logs on the computer in the captain’s quarters about the machine. Back in your quarters, look for entries marked “SAM” and read them to gain 6300 XP and you’ll learn that you need to find an Acid Steeper, which requires you to travel to Roseway in Terra 2.
Travel to Roseway Gardens and find the Storage Facility, located South from the landing pad. Within it you’ll fight several Marauder enemies. You’ll find an Armory Note and learn that you need Storage Facility Passcode to get into the area with the parts. You can find the passcode by hacking the terminal in Auntie-Biotics Lab.
Once inside the door, pick up Acid Steeper to update the quest and get 7200xp. A nearby locker also has Reconditioned Exo-Helmet.
While you’re here, check out the nearby terminal to discover Roseway Secrets for The Distress Signal. And pick up the weapon schematics needed for the quest Vulcan’s Hammer.
Walk south of the landing pad to Storage Facility where you’ll find the Acid Steeper you need to activate SAM. Return to the Unreliable and do just that to complete the quest and receive 1125 BC. You will get 7200xp, and SAM will now be a selectable companion in the companion menu.
This is the ending of The Outer Worlds The Cleaning Machine Quest guide. Hope it will help you. If there is wrong or you have suggestions, please let’s know and comment us. Have fun.