Stoneshard game guide focuses on Useful Tips and Tricks for hunting and cooking. While hunting is not the main focus of the game it’s something you can do to gather meat and some coin. It’s best done with a ranged weapon but melee hunting is also possible. The guide will give you some tips about that. We hope that this guide will help you.
Other guides for the game:
- Tips for Beginners
- Achievement Guide 100%
- Stoneshard Tutorial Boss Fight Guide (Early Access)
- Stoneshard Save Game System (Early Access)
- Tips for safe adventuring in Aldor
- Save Game File Location
- Prologue: Boss Fight Guide
- Prologue: Achievements Guide
Hunting and cooking
While hunting is not the main focus of the game it’s something you can do to gather meat and some coin. It’s best done with a ranged weapon but melee hunting is also possible.
- The best places are the denser forest areas, to approach your prey you need to be out of their line of sight as much as possible and try to close the distance, this will allow you to attack multiple times while they try to escape so once you see an animal use tree and rocks to stay hidden and not alert your prey.
- If you don’t have a bow, the Mutilating Lunge skill of the Axe can still be an effective way of closing the distance with a fleeing prey while dealing damage to it.
- The easiest way to hunt something if you are close to the edge (or even better the corner) of the map chunk is to lead your prey to it, only NPCs that are aggroing you will exit the sector, ones that are fleeing are trapped inside (at least in the current version of the game) so you can very easily close the distance and kill them off. Cheesy but effective.
Venison meat: In the current version both Deer and Moose drop venison meat -30% raw, can cause poisoning or vomiting when raw.
When cooked goes up only to -40% Hunger but adds -15% Hunger resistance, a very useful stat that slows hunger down
Deer Hide: takes 6 tiles (2×3) in the inventory, sells for 50 coins
Deer Antlers: takes 2 tiles in the inventory, sells for 50 coins
Moose Hide: takes a whopping 9 (3×3) tiles in the inventory, sells for 150 coins
Moose Antlers: takes 2 tiles in the inventory, sells for 150 coins
Fox Pelt: takes 6 tiles (2×3) in the inventory, sells for 80 coins
Cooking is extremely simple, you just need to find a fire or a place that can host one, right click on it and select cook. This will cook one item in your inventory, open the inventory and select it multiple time to cook all your meat.
This is the ending of Stoneshard How to Hunt and Cook – Useful Tips and Tricks guide. Hope it will help you. If there is wrong or you have suggestions, please let’s know and comment us. Have fun.