Welcome, guideoui.com visitors. In this guide, We try to explain the general overview and skills of the Commando Character in Risk of Rain 2 game. This is a work in progress right now, we’re most likely missing something and it’s not detailed. We pick up many pieces of information from several sites for you. We hope that this guide will help you.
We published how to unlock the 5 Playable Character this website. So you can click here to see this guide
The Commando Character Overview&Skill Guide
The Commando is the character you begin the game with, and requires no further steps to unlock.
Being the first character of the game, the Commando will be your introduction to the world. The commando sports a pretty varied moveset, tailored to handle most situations safely. Let’s go over each skill individually.
- Double-Tap: Cooldown: None
Double-tap is Commando’s basic attack, and it deals 90% damage twice. This makes the commando instantly better with items that proc on hit (Tri-tip dagger, Stun grenade..) and higher fire rate (Soldier’s syringe) helps mitigating the lower damage. Then again, where is higher fire rate bad again?
- Phase Round: Cooldown: 3s
Phase round is Commando’s secondary ability, dealing a whooping 230% damage and piercing enemies. This skill is vital to the commando as his only way to attack multiple adversaries at the same time. Risk of Rain is all about the massive crowds, so having a few Backup Magazines to use this more often is very much so appreciated.
- Tactical Dive: Cooldown: 4s
Tactical Dive is Commando’s Utility ability, enabling him to dodge roll in a direction. Commando is invincible during the dodge roll, and thus can avoid a lot of damage with it. Fall damage can also be entirely removed by using Tactical Dive. Paul’s Goat Hoof will increase movement speed, launching you forward at a faster speed and further distance, as well.
- Suppressive Fire: Cooldown: 9s
Suppressive Fire is Commando’s Ultimate ability, stunning anything it hits and shooting six times for 100% damage. One thing to note is that Suppressive Fire has incredible range and some homing; where Double-tap fails in range, use Suppressive Fire to hit far enemies. Aside from the damage it deals and its range, on-hit items are good, just like Double-Tap.
Commando is a fair all-around character that introduces the game well, but sadly is lacking in damage and crowd-control options. Phase Round is simply not enough to contain large hordes unless you get items like Gasoline or Will-o-the-Wisp, and Suppressive Fire only stuns what it hits.
The damage output of Commando is lower than most other characters, but Commando does outshine most other characters with his utility skill’s safety, enabling to dodge a fair distance and remain invincible for the duration, while sporting a low cooldown. Jack of all trades, but a master of none.
Commando deserves B Tier because:
- His ability to create crazy on-hit builds leads to an immensely powerful late game damage dealer who obliterates bosses from a safe distance.
- The tactical dive utility skill has a short cooldown and is excellent for mobility and positioning. It what make Commando a safer pick in the late game when dodging game ending hits is key.
- Suppressive fire is quite impressive for supplementing DPS and can be used to stun in a pinch.
- Phase round is great for cleaning up adds when lined up correctly but late game AOE items will most likely take over leaving this skill as a DPS supplement against bosses.
- Commando is relatively mediocre in his ability to deal with hordes of enemies. Using the phase round and suppressive fire on bosses leaves you vulnerable against the adds spawned while charging the teleporter. This means that not finding any Will o’ the Wisp and Gasoline can quickly end your run.
This is the ending of Risk of Rain 2 – The Commando Character Overview&Skill Guide. I hope it will help you. If there is wrong or you have suggestions, please let’s know and comment us. Have fun.