Welcome, guideoui.com visitors. In this guide, We try to explain the general overview and skills of Huntress Character in Risk of Rain 2 game. This is a work in progress right now, we’re most likely missing something and it’s not detailed. We pick up many pieces of information from several sites for you. We hope that this guide will help you.
We published how to unlock the 5 Playable Character which Mul-T is one of them on the website. So you can click here to see this guide
The Huntress Character Overview&Skill Guide
The Huntress is unlocked by reaching and completing the 3rd teleporter event without dying. Or, in layman, beat the 3rd level without dying.
The Huntress is a very squishy, but very deadly character. She pairs well with a tankier character, such as MUL-T. She is the only character that allows you to attack while sprinting, making her one of the most nimble characters in the game. She also has auto aim, which is pretty cool.
Strafe: Cooldown: None
Strafe is The Huntress’ basic attack, shooting a seeking arrow that deals 150% damage. The first time you spawn in as Huntress you may notice, “Hey, I can’t use my first and second ability! What gives?” Well, Strafe and Laser Glaive can only fire when locked onto an enemy. You can also shoot and sprint at the same time, which is good, because Huntress should be sprinting 90% of the time. Items such as Rose Buckler that give you extra armor should always be given to the Huntress of the team. This ability is also heavily improved by items such as Soldier’s Syringe, which increases attack speed, and Lens-Maker’s Glasses, which double your critical chance. Strafe deals a lot of damage slowly, so speeding it up with Soldier’s Syringe is a no brainer, and since Strafe deals 150% damage already, an increase critical chance with Lens-Maker’s Glasses can cause you to deal even more damage!
Laser Glaive: Cooldown: 7s
Laser Glaive is Huntress’ secondary ability. When used, Huntress throws a giant glaive at the enemy you’re locked onto, dealing 250% damage. But wait, there’s more! After it hits, it’ll bounce to another enemy. Then, another enemy. The glaive will bounce up to 6 times before dissipating. If that isn’t great enough, it also deals 10% more damage for every bounce, for a total of 310% damage on the final bounce! This ability is the crowd control bread and butter of the Huntress, and is fantastic for wiping out a ton of stupid Wisps. It’s also great for when you have two strong enemies, as it’ll bounce between the two of them, dealing 1120% damage to one, and 840% to the other one. This ability seriously benefits from a Backup Magazine or two, allowing you to stack a ton of glaives and tossing them all at once.
Blink: Cooldown: 7s
Blink is Huntress’ Utility ability, and a fantastic one at that.When used, The Huntress disappears, and reappears in whatever direction you were aiming at. During this, The Huntress is completely invulnerable, and able to cross rather large gaps. Just like The Commando’s Tactical Dive, this can be used to negate fall damage.
Arrow Rain: Cooldown: 17s
Arrow Rain is The Huntress’ Special Ability, and boy howdy is it amazing. You teleport into the sky, and choose a spot to fire a volley of arrows down on those poor, poor enemies. Any enemies trapped in the area are dealt 225% damage per second, and are slowed. This is another great crowd control ability, but is also great on single, high priority targets. During your teleport into the sky, you’re also invulnerable. This can be used as a backup dodge if Blink is on cooldown. However, this is only the split second you teleport up. When you’re in the air casting Arrow Rain, you are completely vulnerable. You can also chain it with Blink to reach high areas you otherwise wouldn’t have been able to reach. The ability is very deadly, but also has a very high cooldown. Because of this, Bandolier is a great item to have, as it gives a chance for enemies to drop an item that resets your cooldown.
The Huntress is an excellent character that is nimble and deadly. If you’re in a situation you don’t think you can handle, you can easily escape. She has a good mix of high damage and crowd control abilities. Her downfall is her low health, the lowest starting of any other character at 90. Because of this, you need to be the fastest you can. Items like Paul’s Goat Hoof, Energy Drink, and Red Whip are great, which increases total speed, sprint speed, and out of combat speed respectively. As stated before, Rose Buckler is a must for any Huntress, as it gives you armor while sprinting. Old War Stealthkit is also a fantastic item to have, as it makes you invisible and a 40% speed boost when you take high damage, allowing you to get away. The Huntress is the glass cannon of the game, very powerful, but very fragile.
Huntress deserves B Tier because:
- Her low base hp means that she can quickly be taken down from one mistake.
- Blink is an extremely powerful mobility and repositioning tool but it has a relatively long cooldown for what it does. One bad blink can spell disaster.
- Her ability to sprint while firing means that Huntress begins with an edge in mobility over other classes during combat. Unfortunately, her homing targeting means that she has to get exceptionally close to the boss in order to target said boss. Doing this without practice in a actual game would be suicide. Thus, Huntress tends to draw out boss fights by focusing adds first. This can be worse for the late-game as drawing out fights will give blazing bosses more opportunities to one-shot.
- Laser Glaive and Arrow Rain are great for general AOE DPS, but it becomes clear that Huntress lacks a good single target DPS in the late game. Therefore, her best chance at chunking bosses is through glaive spam. Not only does her glaive have an excellent proc chance (for how much it bounces), but it also deals amazing damage. Unfortunately this means that falling behind on cooldown reduction and backup magazines will result in pitiful mid and late game DPS.
- Arrow Rain is great for its AOE, but late game the damage from this skill can be lackluster. Because it has a abysmal proc for on-hit (0.1 proc coefficient), it scales poorly as the player accrues more and more items. Arrow Rain can also easily get you killed if used in an improper time (Blazing Stone Titan). It should be considered additional utility in the late game for both an area-control slow and the blink dodge.
This is the ending of Risk of Rain 2 – Huntress Character Overview&Skill Guide. I hope it will help you. If there is wrong or you have suggestions, please let’s know and comment us. Have fun.