Pathfinder: Kingmaker game guide focuses on List of all steam mods guide to use if new players are interested. While writing this instruction, we pick up many pieces of information from several sites for you. We hope that this guide will help you.
Pathfinder: Kingmaker Mods
From owlcat – “A friendly reminder: while we deeply admire the contribution that mod authors make to our game, we would like you to remember that running custom modifications can lead to unexpected bugs and crashes. Unfortunately, if you encounter any issues while playing with mods, our team will not be able to help you. If this happens, please report these issues to the mod’s original creator. Also, remember that after each game update, there is a high probability of previously installed mods not functioning properly. If you wish to play with mods anyway, disabling auto-updates might prevent your save files from becoming corrupted.”
I wrote this up for someone and thought I would just post it as well. This is my own personal opinion and every mod I use to enhance my experience, and have been using mods since day 1. There have never been any major issues in my experience and if you have any questions or concerns about starting to use them, by all means ask me for advice. You can remove any mod, at any time from a game and they will not break your game. Only mods that add things, like feats and classes, have trouble being removed, although you can respec your characters so that none of the things from that mod are being used (Eldritch arcana would be the only issue with traits not being skippable).
List of All Mods
So, here is a list of mods I use and have no problems with 🙂 (Also some that other people have suggested)
- What you actually need to be able to run any of these mods. *Except the portrait mods*
The Unity Mod Manager – https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/21
Best mod! Thanks to Jeysie because somehow I forgot this first one!
For just non-cheating speeding up movement, Fast Travel is probably the better mod compared to the bag of tricks that also has fast movement.
- Fast Travel – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/1
- Has some great features, mostly being able to toggle highlight world interactable objects –
Kingdom resolution – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/36
Stops spells like web and grease and such from wasting your time! At the touch of a button it can be set to (Cheat) and dismiss, or fast forward until they’re dismissed (So time would still apply to any buffs)
- Remove area effects – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/127?tab=files
- If you ever make a single mistake on your first playthrough, pathfinder build can be really gimped by bad first decisions and not understand stuff, also, retraining is in the PnP, and people saying this could be abused, well anything could be abused if that’s how you use it, I don’t.
- Respec – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/7
- The most useful mod with so many uses. Has camera rotation, fast travel, edit almost anything, cheats and more.
Bag of Tricks – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/26
- Probably the most important mod for most players, especially those running the game on HDD’s as they way owlcat has implemented the game(unless they changed it at some point, is EVERY TIME you cast a summon it stays in your party. Enemy corpses don’t get removed. Generally your save file because stupidly large, this mod helps to remove them. So, get it if you’re having troubles.
- Cleaner – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/39
- Highlight unlearned scrolls – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/111
- Set min to 5, max to 30 and global to 35, much better experience. This mod is actually also in bag of tricks that you can use the same settings.
- Camera mod – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/27
- Change companion portrait (Personal choice for one particular companion later) – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/92
- New mod that allows you to select a bunch of buffs to be cast at once *Haven’t tried this one out yet
- Kingmaker Buff Bot – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/119
- This mod let’s you adjust every part of clothing on your character. Much more in depth than the limited options owlcat gave recently. Remove backpacks, change class outfits, etc (removing backpacks will be an option in EE without mods).
- Visual adjustments – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/35
- This really should be implemented because the pet portraits suck in my opinion.
- Show me your pets – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/99
- I like to craft wands of cure light and other stuff you’d normally do in PnP. Adds feats from the Tabletop, Scribe Scroll, Brew Potion, Craft Wand, Craft Wondrous Items, Craft Arms and Armor and Forge Ring, allowing crafting of regular and custom magic items of those types. Crafting costs gold (as well as any expensive material components required by the prerequisite spell(s)), and takes time to actually craft ingame.
- Craft Magic Items – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/54
- And the amazing, amazing, amazing turn based mod – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/109
And if you want to add to that amazing experience!!!
This mod changes a few things like flanking (So sneak attacks are like tabletop), combat manvouers, attacks of opportunity and soft cover (I keep forgetting to take this into account when shooting from ranged ot using reach weapons behind melee!!!) ***Not compatible with flanking mod***
- Closer To Tabletop – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/132
- New mod that’s just came out that changes flanking to PnP style
Proper Flanking – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/116
- Or if you don’t use turn based and like your Rtwp, some extra auto pause options.
- Pause – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/108
****CURRENTLY A MOD CONFLICT DUE TO CALL OF THE WILD AND ELDRITCH ARCANA – In your steamapps/kingmaker folder where the kingmaker.exe is there mods/callofthewild/info.json. You need to open that, preferably with notepad ++ and add “EldritchArcana” so that line 7 will show “Requirements”: [“EldritchArcana”],”***
**Double check and make sure you’re in the right folder in your steam folder and not the mod folder in UMM, or looking in the pathfinder kingmaker folder in your locallow folder**
There is an updated eldritch arcana mod on nexus that originally the author had implemented some cheat traits, but he has since changed that and added lots more traits, as well as the ability to skip taking traits so that you don’t need to pick them if it felt OP or didn’t fit the character.
- Another amazing mod that adds a bunch of awesome stuff like traits, new spells, oracle, archtypes, dismissable spells, traits, drawbacks, more spells, feats and more.
- Eldritch Arcana Updated – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/129
***Main thing with Call of the wild mod that I don’t like is by default it changes some elements, so read the description fully, and it is very easy to turn off features you don’t like (If you’re a horrible non-mod savy person let me know what you want to change and I will edit the file for you)**
- Adds Hunter, Witch, Skald and Bloodrager classes, a few new feats and a bunch of spells.
Call of the Wild – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/112
- Adds new feats and stuff, added slayer class before owlcat did it. This mod also adds on features added from eldritch arcana with some extra traits.
Advanced Martial Arts – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/82
Unlocks all hairs and horns.
- Hair unlocker – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/60
- Weapon set hotkeys – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/75
- Toggle AI and stealth hotkey – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/72
Haven’t used this one. Adds a page like PoE where you can see individual statistics like number of kills, highest damage done and such.
Infinity Engine like Statistics Page
- – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/103
- If you want to play as a goblin
Goblin Race – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/83
- New loading bufg fix – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/128?tab=files
So with these two you’ll use end with too many portraits and not enough sticks to poke them with. They will also make your computer lag when character creating if you have all of both of them. What I’d suggest is browsing through them in windows, picking out the ones you want, then dropping them into your portraits folder.
- This one’s already stickied to the forum.
Heroes of the stolen – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/5
- But there’s another one as well.
Portrait pack 2024 – https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/92
This is the ending of Pathfinder: Kingmaker List of All Mods guide. Hope it will help you. If there is wrong or you have suggestions, please let’s know and comment us. Have fun.