Microsoft Flight Simulator game guide focuses on how to fix slow download speed and download Microsoft Flight Simulator faster. You can find many solutions to download faster. While writing this instruction, we pick up many pieces of information from several sites for you. We hope that this guide will help you.
Other fix guide for the game:
How to Download Microsoft Flight Simulator Faster
If you are experiencing slow download speed when downloading Microsoft Flight Simulator, please do the following:
- In the Windows search bar, type Command and look for ‘Command Prompt’
- In the menu select “Run as administrator”
- Enter: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
- Press enter
If this is not helpful for you, try steps below and you can download faster after complete them.
- Open Task Manager and click ‘More Details’
- Find the running instance of the MSFS Installer exe
- Right-Click on the installer exe and click ‘go to details’
- Right-Click again on the same instance and then set priority either to High or Realtime (Realtime is the most unstable but if you have newer hardware it should cope and allow the sim to download even faster than on the High setting).
We also recommend doing the following:
Close the app and restart it rather than letting it hang. Note: the download will resume from where it left off (you will not have to download from the start again)
Avoid using WiFi when updating. Try using an ethernet cable instead.
Turn off any security software that may be interfering (UAC, Antivirus, Firewall).
Change the installation repository (from C: to D: for instance) or try creating a new installation folder in the drive of your choice (for instance create “MSFS” in your C: drive)
This is the ending of Microsoft Flight Simulator How to Fix Slow Download Speed and Make It Faster guide. Hope it will help you. If there is wrong or you have suggestions, please let’s know and comment us. Have fun.