Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition game guide focuses on Cheat Codes and how to enable cheats. While writing this instruction, we pick up many pieces of information from several sites for you. We hope that this guide will help you.
How to enable cheats
While in-game, hit the Enter key or click the Chat icon in the top-right. That should bring up a text box. Type in one of the cheat codes below and then hit Enter again. The cheat codes aren’t case sensitive, so all you’ve to do is spell them right.
- marco: Reveals the entire map. It works as a switch — on or off — so entering it again will hide the map.
- polo: Removes the fog of war. This too works as a switch, like so entering it again will restore the fog of war.
- alpaca simulator: Creates an “Alfred the Alpaca”, which looks like a Llama. Very high armour value, trample damage, and attacks with headbutts. Strong in melee combat, weak against speed, ranged attack.
- furious the monkey boy: Creates a “Furious the Monkey Boy”. Destroys buildings easily, but slow and dies after taking nine hits.
- how do you turn this on: Creates an “AC Cobra”. Fires rounds of bullets, impressive long range, and high hit points, armour, and damage. Poor AI, bullets harm friendly units.
- i don’t exist: Creates a “Penguin”. High armour and damage.
- i love the monkey head: Creates a “VMDL”. Quick and good for exploring. Cannot attack but grant attack bonus to buildings if garrisoned. Fun fact: VMDL stands for Villager Male David Lewis and in case you’re wondering, David Lewis was in the team that made the game.
- to smithereens: Creates a Saboteur. More effective and faster than a Petard, the only non-cheat suicide unit on land.
- cheese steak jimmy’s: Increases Food by 10,000.
- lumberjack: Increases Wood by 10,000.
- robin hood: Increases Gold by 10,000.
- rock on: Increases Stone by 10,000.
- ninjaconnor / ninjalui / rowshep: Increases all resources by 1,00,000.
- !mute: Silences taunts. That’s it.
- !nomute: Reverses !mute.
- aegis: Building, researching, resource gathering, and training is done instantly — for everyone including the AI. Works like a switch, so can be turned off.
- black death: Kills all other civilisations, except yours. Yes, even your allies.
- i r winner: Declares your civilisation as the winner.
- natural wonders: Transfers player control to nature, in lieu of losing control of your civilisation. It is irreversible — there’s no way to regain control of your civilisation other than starting a new game.
- resign: You lose the game.
- torpedo XXXXX: Kills the specified civilisation, where “X” is civilisation number from 1 – 8.
- wimpywimpywimpy: Kills all of your units, resulting in the same outcome as resign.
- woof woof: Transforms birds into “Stormy Dogs”. They are flying dogs with red capes. No gameplay change.
This is the ending of Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition All Cheats and Cheat Codes guide. Hope it will help you. If there is wrong or you have suggestions, please let’s know and comment us. Have fun.